Friday, February 13, 2009

Check-in

It rained so hard last night I thought the sky had died. It went on and on and on. I love emotional weather and we rarely get that here.

I went swimming yesterday after not going for 2 or 3 months. The only way I could make myself go was to agree to meet BB there. I don't like getting up so early -- 10 a.m. -- and then rushing somewhere just to get undressed and jump into cold water. The thing is, though, I always feel sooo good afterward. So silky and tall, so long and smooth.

Today I'm going to talk to E at 2 p.m. and then meet R, M & L at Kam's at 6:30. M wants help with his computer. I have my own computer problems as I keep getting these virus alerts. But I think it may be fixed as I ran some kind of program to get rid of them.... Half the time I don't know what I'm doing.

I am so tired today from watching St for the last 3 days. Last night I was looking forward to him going to bed without taking a bath but he realllly wanted one, plus he begged me to read him 3 books while he was in the bathtub. I wished someone would read books to me while I took a bath!

I could wring his teacher's neck for telling him he is a slow reader. He really took it to heart. He always tells me how he's good in spelling and math, but he can't read very well. So I made up a lie. I told him of course reading was difficult for him. That's because he hadn't lost all four of his front teeth yet, and for boys, once they lose all 4 front teeth reading becomes easy for them.

So he lost the fourth of his front teeth on Monday. I told him okay, reading is going to be easier for you now. (Secretly I prayed I wasn't making a big mistake...) So we sat down and read and he pretty much read as usual but the thing was, he had more confidence and he was more willing to sound out words and try harder. I told him see, see how much easier it was for you, and then on Wednesday night he pretty much read "Glasses for D.W." all by himself. The thing is, he is getting better little by little. He just needs to go at his own pace without people telling him he's too slow.

Okay, I need to get up. The wheels of the day are turning. The sky is bright again. I'm looking forward to editing my novel....

No comments:

Post a Comment