Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another check-in blah blah blah....

I am so tired that it feels like a sickness. How did this happen? How was this week any different than the weeks before?

I know it all has to do with helping S out with Stefan. Twice this week it was after two in the morning before S got home. I talked to him yesterday about it, telling him I need to slow down and can't be over there that late more than once a week. The problem is, I very rarely am able to sleep during the day. So if I don't get enough sleep then I can't play catch up the next day by taking a nap.

I didn't sleep very well last night, or at least it took me a long long time to get to sleep. I wish I was one of those people who when they don't get enough sleep can just recuperate once their day gets going, but I've never been like that. If I don't get my right sleep then I'm wrecked.

I had really bad pain this week, fibromyalgia pain in my legs, wrists and shoulders. It was so bad over at S’s house that I could barely get up out of a chair. I broke down and took two aspirins and they usually don't help at all, but for some reason this time they really did. Stefan and I were playing hide and seek with toy guns, hiding from each other and chasing each other all over the house. That probably didn't help any.

I know that S doesn't really appreciate all the sewing that I do with Stefan. He would prefer if I took him to the park and did boy things. But Stefan loves to sew.

On Thursday I took him to Discount Fabrics and let him pick out the material for a super-power suit for Zelda, his mint-green hippopotamus. I showed him how to choose thread that matches the material. He picked out coiled gold buttons and a yellow zipper to go with the material.

I think the writing workshop went well this morning. There were about twelve of us, which is just about the right number for a workshop. I had them do two separate writes and we shared out at the end. I know I got a lot out of it, which leads me to believe that others did too.

Cindy called and she has a bad cold so we’re not getting together tomorrow. In a way I'm glad because it will give me more time to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment